Friday, July 30, 2010

A Day in Lincoln, New Hampshire


July 28, 2010 — I had no plans for the day when I got up, but staying home on a hot, humid day wasn't appealing. So I called the Papermill Theatre in Lincoln, New Hampshire, to see if I could still get a seat at that evening's performance of "Altar Boyz." Upon learning seating was still available, I ordered a ticket and left immediately at 10 a.m., planning to spend the afternoon at Clark's Trading Post. I had been to Clark's, a popular New Hamsphire attraction, for the first time last summer and the kid in me has been longing to return ever since.

My first stop was at the North Country Association for the Arts (NCAA) office in Lincoln where I picked up my ticket. I then made the short drive to Clark's Trading Post. I parked at Clark's and walked to the nearby Sunny Day Diner for lunch, then walked back to Clark's.

I spent the hot afternoon strolling around Clark's. I didn't bother to repeat the train ride and Segway Safari I had taken last summer. I watched part of a trained bear show for the first time. I normally don't enjoy animal acts, and this one was no exception, but since the trained bears are Clark's main attraction, I decided I might as well see what it's all about. I took some pictures, not as many or as good as last summer, but I did get a few videos, something I wasn't equipped to do last year.

I had supper at my favorite restaurant in the area, Gordi's Fish and Steak House on Route 112 east of Lincoln which is the beginning of New Hampshire's famous Kancamagus Highway. After supper I headed for the Governor Adams Lodge at Loon Mountain, temporary home of the Papermill Theatre since their former location in the old millyard was torn down for a renewal project.

I'll report on "Alter Boyz" in my next post. You can see my photos and videos of Clark's at:

http://www.linwoodstreet.com/clarks2010/

No comments:

Post a Comment