Saturday, August 26, 2017

Dominators-Sons of Italy Car Show

August 26, 2017 — The Dominators Hot Rod Club and the Sons of Italy teamed up to host a wide variety of vehicles, customs, hot rods, classics, trucks and one military, in Wilmington, Massachusetts on a perfect, dry, sunny late summer day. A jacket was needed early in the morning, but it warmed into the 70s as the day wore on.

I had originally planned to go to the Okemo Valley show in Ludlow, Vermont, being held on the same day. I went to that show last year and it was a pretty good show, but on the small side. But I was all ready to leave in the morning when I asked myself if I really wanted to make the two-hour drive into Vermont for a relatively small show, possibly with some of the same cars I saw last year. So I made the decision, practically on the way out the door, to go to Wilmington instead, only 40 minutes away.

It was a good decision. I think the Wilmington show had a much better variety of vehicles than Okemo would have had, and I found none that I had seen before. My photos contain many more customs and street rods than I usually take, being a committed classic enthusiast, but I thought it was appropriate to include more of this type of vehicle since one of the hosts was a hot rod club.

I hope you like my choice of subjects. You'll find them at:

http://www.linwoodstreet.com/sonsofitaly17/

No comments:

Post a Comment