Monday, October 2, 2017

Stratham Hill Car & Bike Show

October 1, 2017 — The Stratham Hill Car & Bike Show in Stratham, New Hampshire, is one of the must-see shows on my agenda. The only time I've missed it in recent years was last year when it rained on the day of the show. This year's show was held under sunny skies but cool temperatures. In fact, it was downright cold early in the morning, but warmed to the upper 60s later.

This year's show, sponsored as always by Stratham Boy Scout Troop 185, was a bit below average in number and variety of cars compared to previous years, but I've noticed a trend to smaller shows at several venues this season. Another problem, as I've mentioned in previous postings on this blog, is that I haven't covered as large an area this year as I have some years, staying confined to four New England states, so I'm seeing many of the same cars show after show. Sometimes I'll photograph a car that already appears on my website from a previous show if it's exceptional enough to make a nice addition to any series.

Overall, the Stratham show was a good one, with many interesting vehicles. You can see all my favorites at this link:

http://www.linwoodstreet.com/stratham17/

No comments:

Post a Comment