Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas 2017

December 24, 2017 — Forecast of wintry storms was threatening my annual 90-mile drive to Somerset, Massachusetts to celebrate Christmas and exchange gifts with my extended family. Mixed snow and ice pelted my hometown all day on the 23rd, and another storm beginning late Christmas Eve was in the forecast. But December 24 dawned clear, and the next storm was predicted to start after midnight. So I planned to make the trip, but return home late Christmas Eve instead of staying overnight as I have in the past, hoping I could beat the storm home.

My plan worked out. I got to Somerset with ample time for a buffet, gift exchange and a Yankee swap. Featured this year were a new baby experiencing her first Christmas, and a proposal for marriage (not mine). I got home safely with no interference from the weather. The storm began in the early hours of Christmas day and ended before noon, depositing four or five inches of dry, powdery snow, followed by plunging temperatures and high winds.

You can see photos and a video of our celebration, along with some storm pictures, at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/christmas17/

No comments:

Post a Comment