Sunday, May 20, 2018

Cruising at Target

May 18, 2018 — I've gotten away from cruise nights in
recent years. They're plentiful and there's at least one every evening of the week within a short driving distance no matter where you live. But they're usually small compared to the major weekend shows. However, a few have grown quite large, among them Skip's in Merrimac, Massachusetts, and Cruising to Target in the Target parking lot in Nashua, NH.

So, with a slow start to the car show season this spring due to late cold weather and frequent rain, I was getting impatient, especially with a new camera I was anxious to field test in the challenging conditions of a car show. So for the first time since 2010, I headed down to Nashua for the Target show, once promoting itself as one of the largest cruise night in New England. I doubt that was ever true, and this night's show was rather small, but I'm sure those long, warm summer evenings later on will bring out many more participants and spectators.

The new camera performed well. I can see where I may need to make some adjustments to my shooting techniques, but I'm confident practice will make perfect eventually. You can see my early efforts at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/target18/

No comments:

Post a Comment