Monday, July 16, 2018

Tamworth History Center Car Show

July 14, 2018 — I was in Tamworth, New Hampshire, Thursday evening for a show at The Barnstormers, when I just happened to walk by the Tamworth History Center property and spotted a sign promoting a car show Saturday. The show hadn't been listed on any of the usual internet car show schedules, and I had never heard of a car show being held in Tamworth before. So just on a whim, I returned to Tamworth Saturday to see what they had to offer.

What they offered were six cars. But three of those cars were so unique they created endless photo ops. I ended up with a couple of dozen photos and a few minutes of video, mostly of just three of the six cars. Those three were 1916 and 1923 Pierce Arrows and a 1923 Rolls Royce, all in nearly original condition, all operational. They were coming and going all day carrying delighted spectators on rides around the surrounding area of farmland and country roads. I had a ride in the Rolls Royce and interviewed the driver as we were underway. I captured it all in a video.

Overall, the show was a pleasant surprise. I took some photos around the picturesque town to fill out the series. Tamworth was also observing Farmers' Market Day, selling all manner of farm goods, arts and crafts. My photos and a video can be seen at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/tamworth/

No comments:

Post a Comment