Saturday, July 4, 2020

First Stoppe Cruise Night

July 2, 2020
— I used to include cruise nights on my itinerary, but the big weekend shows began taking up so much of my time, both the shows themselves and sorting my photos and building my web pages afterwards, that I simply didn't have time for cruise nights any more. But in this year of coronovirus, with most of the major weekend shows for the whole season canceled, I'm getting re-acquainted with cruise night, and I must admit I like what I'm seeing.

You won't find Duesenbergs, Pierce-Arrows and Packards at cruise nights, but you will find lots of GTOs , Mustangs and other muscle cars, and colorful, sometimes whimsical customs and street rods, the work of talented and creative individuals. As the name implies, most cruise nights are held for a few hours in the evening, but there are also a few morning shows. Most are held on a particular night (or morning) every week, some well into the fall.

Most recently, I attended the First Stoppe Cruise Night in Candia, New Hampshire on a 90-degree evening. The oppressive heat and humidity eventually drove me out, but until then I had accumulated over 50 photographs. You can view them at this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment