Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Classic Cars at the Aviation Museum

July 25, 2020
— It was the first time I'd been to the Aviation Museum of New Hampshire's annual car show since 2014. That show was so small I by-passed it every year since in favor of bigger shows. It's still always worth a visit to the fascinating museum. I decided to check out the museum's car show in this year of COVID-19 when there aren't many shows to choose from. I was pleasantly surprised. At the time I left, they announced they had 260 cars. That would be a good turnout in any year.

The building that houses the museum was built in 1937 as the control tower for Manchester Airport in Londonderry, New Hampshire. When a new control tower was built for what is now known as Manchester-Boston Airport, the old one was moved to the outskirts of the airport and converted to a museum in 2004. Currently, because of the pandemic, visits are restricted to Saturday only, face masks required, with only 10 visitors at a time admitted.

My photos of the car show can be seen at this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment