Tuesday, July 13, 2021

British Car Day

July 11, 2021 — The Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, Massachusetts, was lucky to get one of the few dry days in this rain-soaked July for its British Car Day. I've been to the Larz Anderson many times. Besides the museum, they have several shows a year on their broad lawns, usually dedicated to one category, nation or brand of cars. I was stunned when I walked onto the field. It was the biggest show I can ever remember on the museum's property. There was virtually no space left on the main lawn, and cars were filling up another lot across the road.

The cars were all of British manufacturr. There were a few I never heard of, such as a Bowler and several Caterhams. I could have gotten a lot more pictures than I did, but I went for variety rather than quantity, selecting the best examples (in my opinion) of the many models, and avoiding a lot of repetition. There are also photos taken inside the museum of some new acquisitions since I was last there. You can see the results of my efforts at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/anderson21british/

No comments:

Post a Comment