Monday, May 30, 2022

Granite State Season Opener

May 22, 2022 — The Granite State Season Opener, one of the largest car shows in New Hampshire, presented by NH Muscle Cars, is held on the sprawling Deerfield Fairgrounds. For the first time this year it was a three-day show, held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 20-22. It rained Friday, fair Saturday and Sunday, but the temperature was over 90 with high humidity. As much as I wanted to see the show, I stayed home Saturday because I knew covering the huge field of hundreds of cars would be the equivalent of walking several miles in dangerous heat.

I decided to go Sunday, fully aware most show car owners who hadn't left Saturday would be preparing to leave Sunday and the show would be greatly diminished. I was right about that. But of the few cars remaining, there were some rare and unique examples. I arrived at 9 a.m. and left at 10:30 with all the photos I wanted, a mere forty. Have a look. It will only take a few minutes to go through the single page of photos at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/graniteopener22/

No comments:

Post a Comment