Thursday, June 23, 2022

1 Day, 2 Shows

June 18, 2022 — I headed for Maine for the second time this season to the town of Wells for the Maine Coastal Cruisers' 25th anniversary car show at Wells Junior High School. There was ample room on the junior high's spacious parking lots for the medium-size collection of vehicles. Although not one of the largest shows so far this season, it was rewarding in its variety. An advantage of being in Maine was that it offered many cars I hadn't seen before in my travels to car shows this year in a relatively small area of New Hampshire and Massachusetts. A highlight of the show was a fleet of beautifully restored antique pickup trucks.

Returning home from the Maine show I stopped at the Classic Car & Pin-Up Party in Manchester, New Hampshire at what appeared to be a hastily-arranged show featuring antique and late model cars and rock bands. Cars were parked at angles along a stretch of Manchester's main drag, Elm Street, with their front ends jutting out into the busy street which remained open to traffic. Getting in front of the cars for photographs took some careful timing to avoid the fast-moving city traffic that seemed to come within inches of the show cars. Overall, photography was the most difficult I could remember.

I never did learn what the "Pin-Up Party" was all about, but I didn't see any evidence of it while I was there. I left to go home for supper, thinking I might return, but it started raining, so the pin-ups, whoever they were, might never have made an appearance.

My coverage of the Maine show can be seen at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/wellscarshow/

Pictures from Classic Car & Pin-Up, minus the pin-ups, are at  this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/carsandpinup/

No comments:

Post a Comment