Monday, August 1, 2022

Show-n-Shine

July 31, 2022 — It was the 26th annual Show-n-Shine in Sanford, Maine, and somehow it got by me all those years. It was the first time I'd heard of it, so I decided to check it out. It didn't take long to realize the densely-packed, sprawling exhibit along a busy highway in Sanford was not my kind of show. Nothing wrong with it if you're a dedicated late model muscle car enthusiast, but I'm a classics fan in love with early brass era cars all the way up to the '70s, as original as possible, and that's what my website specializes in.

But I was there so I decided to make the most of it. I found a few old standards and some humorous customs. I have to admit some of these muscle cars are pretty impressive, including quite a few Japanese offerings that have been updated to muscle class by their talented owners.

Out of a field of approximately 200 vehicles, I came away after an hour and a half with 26 carefully-chosen photos. I'd like to suggest to muscle, custom and street rod enthusiasts that they find someone with a camera and some elementary web construction ability, it's not that hard, to start a website for them. Maybe some already exist. Do a search.

If you can spare two minutes, check out my 26 photos of the event at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/shownshine/

No comments:

Post a Comment