Thursday, October 27, 2022

Jalopy Hill Climb

October 22, 2022 — Not a car show in the strictest sense, but a gathering of hot rods testing drivers' skill and car endurance speeding about a mile up a rough-cut dirt road at a working granite quarry. I thought it would be a fun event to end the season, and provide some good photo and video action. I wasn't disappointed.

Named Jalopy Hill Climb, the event took place in Campton, New Hampshire, on the edge of the White Mountain National Forest, with panoramic views of the mountains from the top of the hill in the waning days of fall color on a day of fantastic weather. I'm not normally a hot rod enthusiast, but I must say these people love their cars and are the most enthusiastic group I ever had the pleasure of spending a day with. I got to ride in a couple of modestly rodded-up cars, a 1950 Ford and a 1934 Chevrolet, in both cases shooting video inside the cars while interviewing the drivers.

My coverage of the event can be seen at the following link. Be sure to play all the videos, they're the best part.

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/jalopy/

No comments:

Post a Comment