Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Model A Ford Dust Off

April 29, 2023 — I had never heard of this show at the Bean Farm in Sanbornville, New Hampshire, until a few days before the event. An anticipated 100 Model A Fords, along with other makes, got my attention, but a forecast for a rainy day threatened to scuttle the show. But the day before the show the forecast changed to just a chance of showers late in the day. So I headed for Sanbornville.

By the time I arrived, there were already a few dozen Model A's at the farm. More would arrive, and the final tally was 101, one more than their goal. Of course, I didn't photograph all of them, just a sampling of the more interesting in terms of condition, color, style, etc., at least in my opinion  There were other makes, including several classics of the '30s through '50s that apparently belonged to the farm.

I don't have much information on the Bean Farm. It doesn't appear to be a working farm. There were no animals and no evidence of gardens. There was no admission charge, no one greeting car owners or spectators, no one directing traffic. Signs identified areas as "Old Car Parking" or "New Car Parking." A sale of raffle tickets was the only money collected. A large buffet was served, all free. That was unprecedented. I have never before found free food at a car show, or anywhere else for that matter.

The day was cool and overcast, but the rain held off until the show was over. You can view my coverage of this rather unusual event at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/modeladustoff/

No comments:

Post a Comment