Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Antique & Classic Car Meet

August 12, 2023 — The second day of the three-day Antique & Classic Car Meet in Waterbury, Vermont, the only day I was there, began sunny and bright. Usually when I go to this show I stay for the trip into town where they have a car parade, time for dinner, and street dancing to '50s rock and roll. It's usually 7:30 p.m. before I finally leave for home. But this year heavy rain and flooding in the afternoon was predicted, so I planned to leave early in the afternoon to hopefully complete the two and a quarter drive home without getting caught in the storms.

But a light drizzle began around noon, so I decided to leave immediately. I was satisfied I already had a good collection of photos, and wouldn't be missing much. So I left after my shortest day ever at the Vermont Automobile Enthusiast's annual show, their 66th.

For the past few years, this show, one of the nation's oldest, has seen a recycling of mostly the same cars year after year. But this year, there was a noticeable improvement in variety, with more cars I hadn't seen  before. I hope that's a sign of a better mix in future years. Even the annual fashion show, where participants must dress in the same period as their vehicles, drew six contestants, much better than last year's two.

I didn't get caught in the storms. The rain ended as I headed south toward home. I haven't heard how it ended up in Waterbury. They had another full day of the show ahead of them. I hope they were able to complete it.

You can view my seventy-five photos of cars, including the fashion show, at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/vermont23/

No comments:

Post a Comment