Monday, August 26, 2024

Hot Rods, Muscle & More

August 24, 2024 — In spite of its name, Hot Rods, Muscle & More, this show is heavy on hot rods and muscle but not a lot of More. The show is dominated by hot rods, muscle and racing cars and customs. Nothing at all wrong with that. Those classes are the primary interest of the show's sponsor, New England Racing Museum in Loudon, New Hampshire, an excellent museum of racing cars, history and memorabilia based in the New England area.

But it's not my primary area of interest. I'm a photographer leaning more toward brass era antiques and unmodified cars of the '40s and '60s. It's a hoods-up show, required for judging, and most owners throw their hoods up upon arrival and leave them that way for the duration of the show. I understand why that's necessary, but I think it's a poor way to photograph cars.

The museum is fascinating. I recommend a visit. I'm happy with the photos I got. The cars are very colorful. Hope you enjoy them at this link:

 https://www.linwoodstreet.com/hotrodmuscle24/


No comments:

Post a Comment