Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Southern NH Snow Slickers

August 15, 2026 — If you're a brass era and classics fan, as I am, you won't find any Duesenbergs, Pierce Arrows or Locomobiles at this show, but you will find lots of color, humor, some fine examples of the cuistomizers' art, and a few old standards. Oh, and you might spot a Model A.

It was my second weekend in a row at the sprawling Deering Fairgrounds in Deering, New Hampshire. Last weekend the fairgrounds hosted Salute the Troops, dedicated to the very worthy cause of our veterans. There was a relatively small gathering of veterans' cars. This weekend the Southern NH Snow Slickers Car Show, a much larger gathering of cars, trucks and motorcycles, held forth. The Slickers being a snowmobile club, there was also an exhibit of snowmobiles, but I'm not ready for that yet. This summer went by so quickly I sometimes feel as though I missed it completely.

But I'll have my pictures to look at any time and reminisce, and so will you. My coverage of this weekend's show can be seen at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/snowslickers/ 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment