Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Evening in Southwest Harbor

May 31, 2011 - I'm comfortably ensconced in my room at the Seawall Motel in Southwest Harbor, part of the Bar Harbor area in Maine. I just had supper at Scotty's Dockside down the road a piece. I came here to check out the Seal Cove Auto Museum, almost a five-hour drive. It was well worth the trip. The museum, inconspicuous on a rural road, houses some of the most beautifully preserved and restored brass-era cars in America. You can view my photos of these stunning automobiles at this link:

http://www.linwoodstreet.com/sealcove/

Tomorrow, I'll start wending my way home after spending a little time exploring Bar Harbor and Mount Desert Island; that is, if predicted thunderstorms don't interrupt my sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment