Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Bentley's Saloon First Car Show

May 9, 2021 — My third car show this early in the season bodes well for a good year, and these weren't small shows. All three were well-attended and drew a large number and variety of vehicles. Bentley's Saloon First Show of the Season, a day-time show in Arundel, Maine, launched Bentley's long season of cruise nights. I'm not good at estimating number of vehicles, but I think 200 would be in the ballpark. Not only the number, but a surprising variety greeted spectators.

Of course, there were the usual street rods and customs. I passed up many late model muscle cars because they dominated every show in 2020, but I did include a few I thought were exceptional. The show also included some stunning restorations of American standards from the '30s, '40s and ''50s. A few European models gave the show an additional touch of class.

So many motorcycles arrived in a steady stream throughout the day, they were turned away late in the show when there was no more space for them. I included photos of a very few, but my primary goal is to present 4-wheel vehicles.

If you're a fan of late model muscle cars, you'll find plenty of them in my 2020 shows. My coverage of Bentley's Saloon show can be seen at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/bentleys/

No comments:

Post a Comment