Saturday, August 14, 2021

Cruisin' the '50s

August 12, 2021 — With the temperature in the 90s and humidity making it feel closer to 100, with some misgivings I headed for Newburyport, Massachusetts, for their annual Cruisin' the '50s car show, canceled last year like so many others due to COVID. It was indeed hot, with oppressive humidity, but not the hottest car show I've experienced. It was an afternoon/evening show.

The turnout of cars and spectators was somewhat below average for this show, probably due to the heat, but still a well-attended show by any standard. Newburyport has more restaurants per block than any other city I've been in, most of them offering outdoor dining. However, I noticed most outdoor seating was unused, many apparently preferring to be indoors with the air conditioning.

I withstood two hours of the punishing heat and got all the photos I wanted, plus a brief video. You can see it all at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/newburyport21/

No comments:

Post a Comment