Friday, June 29, 2018

Medfield on the Charles

June 24, 2018 — This show in Medfield, Massachusetts, was
formerly held in Wellesley as Concours on the Charles. Wellesley was a better venue in my opinion. The sprawling grounds featured beautiful gardens, trees, statuary, quiet places to sit, and it attracted very high-quality antique automobiles.

In Medfield, equally sprawling but without the amenities of Wellesley, the character of the show has changed with the location. Muscle cars and street rods now dominate, and not to keep harping on my objection to raised hoods, it seemed to be the preferred way of displaying cars at this show. This tells me its primarily a show for engine and power lovers, not that there's anything wrong with that, but as a photographer, I prefer to see cars with their beauty unobstructed by hoods in the air.

In any case, I photographed all the best I could find. You can view them at this link:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/medfield/

No comments:

Post a Comment