Monday, June 25, 2018

Sunapee Lions Antique Vehicle Show

June 23, 2018 — The Sunapee Lions Club 20th Antique & Collectibles Motor Vehicle Show at the Sunapee Resort in Newbury, New Hampshire, was frankly a disappointment this year through no fault of their own. The day was cool and damp with occasional drizzle and more rain in the forecast. This kept attendance well below average for this popular show. Another problem, for my purposes, was an unusual number of vehicles with their hoods raised, which makes for a poor picture. I felt as though I were walking around a field of gaping alligators.

The officials require hoods to be up for judging, but if owners would raise their hoods as the judges come around, then lower them after judging is complete, I'd be happy. But many owners tend to keep hoods raised all day. Personally, I'm not a gearhead. I appreciate the beauty of automobiles, and have less interest in engines and power.

Anyway, now that I've given vent to my pet peeve, I'd like to invite you to view a mere thirty-two photos, close to the minimum number I consider for a web page. The collection does include some very nice motorcycles:

https://www.linwoodstreet.com/sunapee2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment